Saturday, January 07, 2006

Round and round


I posted a link on Shano's blog but it got cutoff. Its for a book on recycling and "clean" business. Let my people go Surfing. Good book will really make you think. Like I said in his comments I have it if anyone wants to borrow it to read.

Today's ride had a pretty good turn out. Six in all: Larry who from here on out will be referred to by his age 57 or one fast old dude(OFOD), ICC(king of the little ring sprints-schooled me today 2-3; I was 0-3), Jason, The Hammer of course,& a very slimmed down OG on a new ride. One notable absence though, I guess the olive branch wilted. I left the house early today so I could get some extra time in & deliver the borrowed tights back to ICC. I almost didn't make it in time as I caught him pulling out of his garage. Starting early left me way over dressed for the temps that would come later. The loop today had a ton of climbing. The new slimmed down OG was right there on almost every climb. Its amazing what dropping 15 lbs of body weight & 2.5 lbs of bike weight will do for your climbing legs. All in all I ended up with 4.5 hrs today. Which puts me around 15 ish for the week. So after tomorrow I'll have another week in with close to 20hrs. My legs are currently complaining about it right now though. I need to take a page out of OG's book & drop the rest of my winter weight.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:21 PM

    You forgot to mention that you were on the front 85% of the time.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also forgot to mention the REDNECK AHOLE who fired the gun out his window while driving by.

    ReplyDelete

Google