Sunday, April 16, 2006

Rolling with Gunga

Saturday I'd arranged to horn in on Team Hogan's Saturday AM ride. Waking to rain I gave Farasy a call & postponed till noon. It seems everyone else went @ the predetermined time so that left just me & Jim. Riding with Jim is always fun since he has an interesting take on life & some funny stories & a pretty mean turn of speed. 3 hours later we were done riding & it felt like only an hour. Jimmy did treat me to his sprint workout, 5 15 second sprints with 5 minutes between. I held my own for the most part but 15 sec is too short for me since that about how long it takes me to get up to speed. Jim thinks my foot speed is too slow causing me to push too big a gear when sprinting. He might be on to something. I've noticed that during races I'm usually in a bigger gear than those around me. So now I'm going to have to incorporate some fast feet drills into my training, ala Rocky chasing the chicken. Guess I'll have to borrow one from my mom.
Saturday night we bbqued with the In-Laws(always entertaining). After 11 months I finally had to go refill the propane tank. Pretty good since we grill out quite a bit. I think Amber & her dad have talked me into @ least go look @ a new car. They got me to consider the Dodge Caliber. So sometime this week I'll have to go pay a visit to Mr. Nelson & test drive one. They are pretty cool looking & cheap(a big plus).

4 comments:

  1. Just remember a FIRST baby can be pretty spendy. Nice car though, have you checked out the crash ratings on these? I was watching the news tonight and was amazed at how unsafe some of the new cars can be.
    As to the chicken.. HUMMMMM I am thinking you need a guinea they run like the wind, have tons of stamina even on the hottest day and never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guinea are a little loud to have around with a baby.

    The Caliber is a nice car for the price and our other store carries them. Tell me when you want to go by and I can call their GM who is a good friend and set you up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So now I'm confused, there are 2 Ozark Heritage Jeep stores?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, one Heritage Chrysler Jeep(only Chrysler and Jeep new models) and one Ozark Dodge(our sister store and carrier of new Dodge models). Their GSM is a friend of mine who I worked with forever and was even in my wedding. He will take good care of you and I would be happy to meet you there and help out. You have to keep your eye on those "car" people. Tell me when you would like to go by and what you are looking for and I will help you out.

    ReplyDelete

Google