Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Nap time

It has been a busy week so far. Monday Mia got her first trip to the Doctor. Tuesday Amber got her staples out & is recovering very nicely. Though I think a little boredom is starting to creep in since she can't drive yet. I guess you can only watch so much Dr. Phil. Tuesday also saw me return to work.
Since I no longer have to worry about rushing Amber to labor & delivery I've started riding my bike to work again. Should save me about $30/wk in gas & tack on about 80 extra miles a week to my mileage. Not sure if that will be a good thing or not. So far my legs haven't suffered to much after 2 back to back hard practices followed by a ride to work. Coming home in the AM is rough after working all night then having to peddle home with already dead legs. The Springfield Farms hill seems like Everest then. I am using my MTB so have the granny if needed. My Jet light's bulb died on me though so I'm having to uses my headlamp to ride in @ night which is no big deal.
I'm glad I paid the $20 for the Internet coverage of the Giro. Its been pretty cool to watch each stage as Basso is killing everyone. Though I was a little disappointed this AM when they stopped the stage before the dirt road. That was the main factor in me getting the coverage so I could watch that spectacle. I've not been impressed with how Discovery has been riding. My boy Salvodelli has been left alone a lot on the climbs. Since he's not a pure climber he needs some help which he's not getting. Not the same team of old. The commentators keep talking about the Great White Hype Danielson & how Discovery is going to launch him into GC contention. Not sure what race they have been watching but the first person dropped each climb is Danielson. Kind of hard to move up on GC when your getting beat by sprinters on the climbs(Bettini).
Been a few days since I posted any pics of the kid so figured I'd better get on the ball.
All dressed up for a quick nap before eating again.
Amber snapped these while I was enjoying a nap with Mia.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:02 AM

    glad to hear Amber and Mia are both doing well. Mia is looking different each time you post pictures. Great job again you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it is going well.

    How many diapers have you changed?
    Isn't it amazing how many you go through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diapers changed personally or total? Total 60 or so(in the week she's been alive) me personally about 1/2. Splitting it 50/50 as much as possible. Though had one yesterday I would have gladly let you change.

    ReplyDelete

Google