Tuesday, September 26, 2006

You have to love EBAY

I needed a stem for my "new" CX bike I've been working on. Being a cheap bastard I went to EBAY 1st. Sometimes you get lucky & find a real deal. For the price of one stem I ended up with eleven(11), yes you read that right 11, 1" aheadset stems. Six 130mm & 5 120mm. I could have gotten 5 more 120mm stems but what the hell is a guy going to do with 16 stems? Hopefully by the weekend I'll be sporting 2 CX bikes, one geared, & one SS.
I've developed some middle of the cogset shifting issues in the past month on the Felt. Needing to check my derailleur alignment I decided to get crafty. Instead of going to a shop or buying the tool, I made one. Park Tool had a handy break down diagram so I figured what the hell. Having access to a full shop & an overflowing scrap dumpster helped.Here's my version. Not an exact copy(copyright skirting) but a pretty good working model.

Mia & I are hanging out this AM so Amber can sleep in. Mia has been a little fussy lately& Amber has lost some sleep. Couple this with her starting to train for the Turkey Trot, I figured she needed her recovery time. Amber is going to run while I run with Mia in the jogging stroller. Mia has already been out for a few runs in it with Amber & one brief one with me. She seems to enjoy it.

7 comments:

  1. What I want to know is what do you need 11 of those things for?
    You really do need to market this stuff you invent it would be a good side business for you. Look how your dad missed out on the boat lifts. He had the first design on Bull Shoals lake and we talked ourselves out of marketing them. What an opportunity missed don't fall in that same cavern.
    Turkey Trott oh lor I better get my walking shoes out and start training. Wonder what interesting person I will meet this year?
    Your such a good daddy and my granddaughter is such a precious angel. Good job on taking care of your wife she is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:30 PM

    Sounds like someone has a man crush on you Scott...MT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:34 PM

    dude, building that tool from scraps and a picture throws you way up in the Macgyver category. We have at least 5 for tomorrows ride, are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hogan, would like to but no working cross bike, yet. Have super secret workout #1 planned anyway.

    Mom can't realy market this one since I kind of stole the design.

    I have a plan for the stems don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That thingy is pretty cool. Looks just like the picture directions. Your smarter then I thought. No just kidding always knew you were brilliant, that is were Nina gets her smarts from I'm pretty sure!!! Oh and my niece looks ever so cute...way to get extra points with the wife!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice tool, ya tool (sorry couldn't resist), seriously though that is probably nicer than the Parks I always used at the shop. I can't wait to see these cross bikes.

    ReplyDelete

Google