Monday, January 15, 2007

Do onto other bee-aches!

Yesterday I subjected Amber to a tyraid about others being idiots & having no respect for others. Well I hope their Karma screws them. Mine on the other hand seems to be on the upswing.

I came home this AM to a cold house, so I kicked on the generator. I started looking out the back window & something struck me as odd. It took me a minute but it dawned on me; I was looking @ a doorbell light. So I looked out my front door to my neighbors house who both of who are currently in Iraq(husband & wife), & their doorbell light is on. Light bulb moment! Holy crap I have power. So I turn off the generator, turn on the main breaker, & viola! I've been repaid for a favor & I have P.O.W.E.R.!!!!!!! I'm no longer a simulated Amish member.

You ask what favor? Simple I turned out a little part for MacAnutt's wind trainer. Q.E.D I have power. I went into work last night to find out that the shift had been canceled for the first time in like 15 years. Crazy! So what to do to pass the time? Make Cale's little do hickie for him.

What do I get in return? A light switch that works. Thanks Cale. Here's your part. I hope your power is on soon.

Shane, I could explain in detail about the generator but here's the nasty. Your house has 220 volts coming in from the line. Thus the reason your dryer works. OK split that in 1/2 & you get 110 volts, thus the reason your Microwave works & most assorted household appliances. Look @ the breaker see how its broke into 2? 110 each side. Two breakers together taps all 220. One breaker gives you 110. OK? Anyway if you reverse a plug & pump 110 into it(after turning off main breaker) you get 110 to 1/2 the house. Electricity is a 2 way street so to speak. Not really a scientific or to code explanation but I think that makes it as clear as mud anyway.

OK back to getting my house warm so I can go to bed to go back to work.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Thanks Thomas Edison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can just call me Einstein.

    ReplyDelete

Google