Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ice Storm 2007

The storm got us pretty good. No power since 4am Saturday. By the looks of it no power till sometime late next week. Today my dad brought up a generator & took Mia & Amber to the lake where they have only received rain. We got by this weekend with the gas for the fireplace & hot water, & candles & headlamps for heat. Since I have a plant to keep running I'm staying put with the dogs. I'll run the generator to run the furnace & the TV when I want to watch it. Mostly I'll work a lot since the family is gone.

Very Dark
Cozy with fireplace & candles
Fireplace keeping house mid 60's so Mia gets to wear a beanie.
It looks more like a tornado went through than an ice storm.
The tree in our back yard. Its now split even more than when this was taken.
Our neighbors had a limb hit their house.




Everything has a nice thick layer of ice. Took me an hour to chip my car out.
This little bad boy is now powering my house. Though I've already had to repair it once. Carburetor fell off.
Plug the generator into an outlet, turn off the main breaker, figure out which leg your back feeding, swap the breaker over to that leg, & Viola! You have power.

4 comments:

  1. Just stay safe Scott, no need to be out there taking chances for the almighy dollar. It isn't worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the first thing you did when you got the generator was go to the computer. I don't blame you. It must have been boring! Check out the girlies blogs. They have pics of what it looks like up here. love yah and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:06 AM

    What leg you are back feeding? Swap the breaker? We need a more detailed explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sh*t's crazy!! Hit StL also, but the worst of it is a bit out west at Lake St. Louis. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

Google