Monday, February 05, 2007

84 hours post op

Last night took a step back in the recovery. Pain spiked & had to go back to whole dosage of meds instead of half dose like I had tapered too. Did manage to sleep through most of the Snooze Bowl. Woke up around 1am suffering from an overwhelming sense of claustrophobia. Had to bail out of the sling. This sling has a strap around it to keep my arm close to my body. Just got to be too much. Took it off & slept fine after. Been icing my shoulder like a mad man. Seems to help. I'd say I managed to over do it yesterday thus the increase in pain. I started walking the stairs to fight the boredom. 10 sets of 13 stairs. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to get a short session in on the wind trainer. I hope. Crazy when you want to get on the wind trainer.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Scott! I hope you are feeling better this morning. I went through something similar last summer
    http://maggiepaws.blogspot.com/2006/04/god-forgives-rocks-dont.html

    I lived in Springfield for a while and I know all the local riders, Cale, Huff, Greek, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:37 PM

    Hey man, take it easy. I know you want to do something, but take each day slow. Once you get past the initial recovery, you can go pretty good. I felt pretty much the same way after mine. Hang in there.

    GregP

    ReplyDelete

Google