Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Another trip to the Ortho

This trip to the Ortho took a round about route. My originally scheduled appointment got cancelled & rescheduled. They chose a time for me which of course was in the afternoon. That sucks for me since everyone else's PM is my AM. After many attempts to talk to a human to reschedule, I gave up & decided to just get up & go. Best laid plans and all I slept through that appointment so I had to call & reschedule once again. This time I got to talk to a human but the only AM appointment wasn't until April. That wouldn't work since I get new insurance in April which is through Cox. The only accommodating appointment of course was in the afternoon.

OK long story but I managed to get out of bed & drag ass to the Doc, really his PA. Lots of good news. The best being I have a screw backing out. This explains why the bone stimulator was hurting so bad to use. I actually quit using it because it felt like it was trying to suck the plate out of my body. Not a nice feeling. Really it was trying to suck a screw out. You can actually feel the screw head starting to stick through the skin. The PA says nothing to worry about since it is considered "normal". How "normal" will it be when I'm walking along & a damn screw shoots out of my shoulder? Guess I'll have to wait & see on that one.

Get to start some range of motion exercises. Opted out on the Physical therapy route since I can do most of it @ home with my Massage Therapist... AKA Amber. Lots of stretching my arm. The PA actually raised my arm above my head. Amber didn't know if I was going to pass out or punch the PA. Luckily it didn't hurt that bad so I wasn't forced to hit a lady. On my own I can only raise my arm to straight out so I've got some work to do.

Amber's been working her hiny off lately so I've been watching Mia a lot. Amber is a few more regular clients away from being able to become a full time contract Massage Therapist. With Amber working two jobs & me working nights it makes it rough on the parents. Unfortunately we've broken down & put Mia on a waiting list for daycare. We've been trying to avoid it but a guy has got to sleep some time. I guess we can't complain we've kept her out of daycare for 10 months. If I didn't work nights we would have had to put her in all ready. I guess that's one small bonus for nights.

Still in job limbo. Each day they have been supposed to tell us gets postponed. If they postpone it much more I won't have any employees because they'll have given up waiting & gone else where for employment.

****** As of 7:30am I've been rehired for my current job. That was a fun couple of weeks.

7 comments:

  1. Do you need a phillips head or regular?

    Glad you got your job back, if you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for small mercy's I was worrying away. Wish I lived closer so I could have my grandbaby more. You might re-think the Physio, I know Amber is great but she needs some down time to she is working her socks off bless her. I am not so happy about this screw thing. You could be a walking weapon, just make sure you keep your shoulder aimed away from the women in your life. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:45 AM

    Good work on the job, I guess that means your pee is clean! Hang in there on the rehab, I know how you feel, sucks but worth it in the end.
    Steve Inmon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twice the man as I.

    Job...great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be thinking of you when I'm suffering on the dogwood this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy I'll probably be in the wheel vehicle right behind you so I'll get to see it all. Have no fear I'll have a cold one for you if you feel like bailing out & riding shotgun for 75 miles(that be you bailing @ the 25 mile mark).

    See u Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:11 PM

    Jimmy get in the truck!!!
    TM

    ReplyDelete

Google