Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Wknd Update

Amber & I have been talking about adding on to the deck since we bought our house two years ago. We finally pulled the trigger on it this weekend. I took Friday off & my niece Ashton came to help. Thursday after work we loaded up my dad's trailer with most of the required lumber. I saw most since we ended up going back to Lowe's several times. Most was because of a big design change yesterday.
How the deck used to look. Plain 12'x12'.
After Ashton & I removed the guardrail. Just before the rain storm that put down the digital camera for two days while it dried out. oops!
Mia kept a close eye on the work progress her dad & both grandad's were making.
This was today after I got the guardrails on the new addition. 8' out from the old deck. 28' wide & 12 ' out from the side of the house that had no deck. The front has no guardrail yet because I'm making the guardrail into benches. If you look closely you can see the pattern I made.
We decided the deck needed flow to the yard so I added 8' wide stairs in the center of it. Lucky likes his new place to chill out. I'll post pics of the actual construction once my mom emails them too me. Then you can see my dad, my dad in law Rick, & myself in full construction mode. As soon as I get the deck finished off we'll be sure to have a deck warming party.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry been a bit busy this weekend selling birds and playing with all my grandchildren. Am fixing this right now and e-mailing the missing pictures. Sure glad you got your camera fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Man you have a BIG deck!!! At least from what I can see. Looks good.

    Greg P

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude! that is awesome! I could use your help. Get on the next flight out here, we have a front yard that needs your deck skills.

    ReplyDelete

Google