Wednesday, May 30, 2007

More Deck Construction pics

Ashton helped lay out the joists. Notice the tape measure wrapped around her arm? She really did help though. I put a mark on her tape & she then "measured" the layout.

Cutting off the joist tails with a corded saw after the cordless saw had had a "good run". A "good run" to my dad is 2 boards.
I know how everyone likes to look @ my backside.
We're starting to grasp how big this thing is
Now the "fun" part. Laying the decking. 25lbs of screws later we'd be done.
Look closely & you'll notice I forgot to reapply sunscreen & my back is starting to get a little red. It ended up getting a lot red. Jus my back though since I spent 4 hours bent over.
My dad the day after. Mom said he spent most of the day sleeping on his deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google