Monday, June 18, 2007

Another week in review

It seems lately all anyone has time for are weeks in review in the blog world. Once again I too am stuck doing a quickie recap.

Monday nothing interesting.

Tuesday was a bad day for Mia. She got bit 3X! at daycare. When Amber picked her up she got a note explaining why kids bite & lots of apologizes. The bite marks looked like dental impressions they were so perfectly shaped. What got me pissed was after the first bite they let the kid get near her not once but twice more to bite her.

Wednesday was may regularly scheduled XRay day. Not good. Not much healing if any. The Dr. dropped a bomb shell on me by telling me he'd like to leave the plate in till next February!!! The kicker being the plate is causing scar tissue so the popping I'm getting will get worse though its nothing to worry about. But I might need rotator cuff surgery because of it. So I'm drawing a line in the sand. When I go back in six weeks we're setting a date to get this out since I don't want the cure to cause more damage.

After my appointment I went to lunch with Amber. She called the daycare to check on Mia & she'd been bitten again!!! They said the kid was being kicked out of the daycare & he was being given one on one supervision for the rest of the day. We said screw that & went & got her. Nothing like paying for full time day care & only having your kid go for 2 hours plus get assaulted.

I did make it out for the Wednesday night ride. I was greeted by Stokes who looked like he'd been mugged. He took a bad spill on the Greenway's the day before & was pretty beat up. You couldn't tell by how he was killing everyone. He did get a bit skittish whenever gravel was on the road. I managed to ride over & back & not die. That was my longest ride since January. Last week was also the first time since the first week of the year I've ridden more than 160K in a week. I'm on a roll because I've topped it twice now in a row.

Thursday was the monthly review meeting @ work. Nothing like a lot of stress to make your day. After two weeks of running spreadsheets I got to give the numbers to the man. That public speaking class in college sure comes in handy.

Friday Amber had a big night out on the town while I stayed home with Mia. Aren't I a good husband & father?

Saturday I took Mia for a ride in the trailer. Then we took her for her first haircut before heading to the lake for a Father's day dinner with my parents.



Sunday I got out for my fourth, that's right fourth, ride of the week. Later we headed down to Amber's grandparents for a Father's day B B Q.

Pretty big week. Hopefully this week I can update a little more regularly. I also need to get a pic of my work space since Skip is flaunting his. I have 2 monitors too. Doesn't everyone in this day & age?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my baby niece is getting so big. How dare someone bite her. Mia, you let your cousins know who it was and they will take care of it. The Smith thugs are on the way little Mia! Auntie Serena would of bit that kid back and I guarantee kid would not of bit again!!!!!!! I need to see my niece. I like the hair cut. She is getting so skinny and tall! I'm glad to see you are riding again. Love you all and miss you tons. Serena

    ReplyDelete

Google