Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pickin on the Dead

I should have turned around as soon as I rode into the parking lot of McBride last night. Always a bad sign when Farasy & Hogan are already there. It gets worse, up rolls Cale, followed by Metrz (3 hrs into a 6 hour day), then the icing on the cake Huff. Being way out of shape I should have realized I was in over my head & went home but nope I took off with them. I then spent the next 1:30 chasing & staring @ what ever wheel I could grab. Just before Z I cracked, one hill too many. I limped home listening to the Grateful Dead's Pickin on the Dead. I got a pretty good laugh @ its irony. What a difference a year makes.

I'm sitting here this AM drinking my coffee rethinking any illusions I might have had about racing anytime soon. They all went up the road last night. I got my ass handed to me in a big way. Its starting to grow old that Hogan is in on the handing.

This pic is for Skippy, who was noticeably absent last night. This is the dungeon I work in . That picture on the wall is the closet thing to a window I have. Fluorescent hell. But I do have 2 monitors.

7 comments:

  1. You shouldn't beat yourself up so much. You are a great bike rider and I'm very proud of all you have done and will continue to do in the future. I love you lots brother! Serena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the has-beens pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't be a has been if you never were to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:01 PM

    Ahh the life of full time day job! Aint life grand! Mia looks great though! Love your screen saver.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you talking about me, you or both of us?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me, but I guess it could go both ways

    ReplyDelete
  7. two monitors equals one, well, hmmm... maybe uh, two monitors. better than a night shift?

    ReplyDelete

Google