Monday, June 11, 2007

Weed Whackers

Friday night Amber & I attended the MacAnutt's outdoor movie night. I was finally able to be in the same place as Skip so was able to get the weed whacker I was promised over @ his blog.

Saturday AM I got up bright & early a commenced to pulling on the starter cord. 1000 pulls later I weed whacked my yard with it. In the process I got a pretty good blister & the thing to run fairly descent. It now idles like a champ & runs for more than 5 min (told you I could do it Skip). It lacks a little on top end power but I think a lot of that has to do with my mix.

All it took was a hammer, a punch, a die grinder, & a screwdriver to make it work. Let me explain my process. The hammer & punch were to knock away the stupid guard around the adjustment screws for the carburetor. The die grinder was to cut screwdriver slots into the aforementioned screws to allow me to adjust the carburetor with a screwdriver. The screwdriver was to adjust the carburetor which needed some love, plus a good cleaning. Thanks Skip for providing me with some Saturday morning entertainment. Also thanks to Cale & Erin for having us over Friday night.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:54 AM

    what movie was on tap? Byron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the movie was Byron's idea. So we can all blame him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Byron, nice one!

    ScottyD, glad to hear the weedwacker is running smoothly. I knew it would keep you entertained for at least a couple of hours. I wore myself out a few times pulling on that cord and messing with those screws. All I know is that the Stihl I bought runs like a top fuel dragster and will eat everything I aim it at. Oh so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Google