Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Slight change of plans

Edit: Due to me being an idiot looks Like I'll be racing Master's @ the Jingle Cross. You have to have a UCI license to race Elites @ a UCI race. DUH! Not worth 90 beans for one race.


I had to change some plans yesterday when I found out one of the races I had planned on doing was canceled. After a talking to Amber we decided to go to Iowa City, IO for Jingle Bell Cross after Turkey Day. Its a UCI race with lots of money. The 3/4's pay 14 deep. Though if things work out I'll be racing the 1/2 Elites. Yep I didn't stutter. Turns out I'm 7 points away from a mandatory upgrade to 2's in Cross. Now that the USCF has split the licenses you can be a 3 @ one thing lets say the road & a 2 at lets say Cross. With that in mind I'm not going to do the Ironman Double Double again this weekend & just race 3/4's. Need those points. Plus it will be interesting to see how I do fresh or somewhat fresh.

Thanks to the preview of the Nationals course I need to change around my training a little. Which means even more speed. Thus the upgrade I need to be racing with guys much, much faster than me. I can always change my mind & not upgrade & be labeled a sandbagger but race the 1/2/3 races from here on out. Either way I get to duke it out with the Stache on a weekly basis while working on my tolerance to Oxygen debt.


Staches:

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Sorry but I'm out for this weekend. Plan on doing two days of racing, the 10th & 11th. Saturday in Columbia and Sunday in Lawrence. E-mail me if you want to make some travel plans. I have a place to stay in Columbia on Saturday evening...CMac

    ReplyDelete

Google