Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tulsa Tough Update

Two races down one REALLY hard one left to go. Friday night got in the money(18th). Felt good the whole race & was able to pack surf at will. With 5 laps to go a huge pile up took down /stopped the back half of the field. It was surreal to have a bike bouncing 10 feet high across the start line. It actually hit me in the left forearm. Was able to push it away & luckily only unclipped for a few seconds. Didn't even have to sprint to stay in the main group. Positioned myself pretty well for myself & hadn't a descent turn of speed @ the end, just don't have that extra gear sprinters have.

Saturday was H!O!T!! First hot day of the year for me. Started the race with ice in all my pockets. Felt good all race & never really taxed(according to the Power File). Flatted my front tire with 15 laps to go(B Town Reject delivered me my new tires so not overly impressed with PRO Race 3 so far) It was a weird flat; dumped about 40PSI really fast then slowed down. Actually did a full lap on it before going to the back & pulling in for my free lap. Finished the race with pretty sweet 404. Thanks SRAM neutral support. Don't like the Brady district course, its too wide open for me. Was potioned pretty good @ the bell lap but the road is so wide got swarmed in the first turn & had to do a little fighting to get back where I wanted to be. The finish straight was all tail wind so I was screwed.

23rd & out of the money. 3rd time I've done Brady & 3rd time I've been out of the money. I'm 2 for 3 @ Blue Dome. 1 for 1 @ Riverside so hopefully the trend continues there today.

After Saturdays race, a shower, & dinner we watched the end of the PRO race. Huff took his 2nd win(Blue Dome Friday, Brady Saturday). They said he's the first PRO male to go back to back, doubt he'll go 3 for 3. Its a pretty nasty climb Sunday. Chatted it up a little after. Walking back to the car saw Floyd Landis. Shook his hand(nice guy). Mia didn't want anything to do with him. Don't feel bad Floyd she was impressed with Lars Boom either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google