Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Talking F1 & Commuting



The above video is pretty cool since its all different camera views than you get during practice & races. The angle looking back from the front of the car really shows the graining in the tires. The new Pirelli tires are really going to spice things up this year. More so than KERS & the movable rear wing. Everything I've been reading about the tires from driver comments is how fast the super fast go off. We could see 3 & 4 stop races. That should make some interesting tire strategies. Car wise I think Alonso is going to be hard to beat. Ferrari has put in some serious test mileage this winter. They also have been a lot more reliable. Though I think Red Bull has been playing possum. Sauber & my boy Kobayashi have been looking good, regularly near the top of the time sheets during testing. I think the passing opportunities that the tires, KERS, & the wing will suit his style.

Enough F1 now to the real reason the 6 people who still read this blog...me. I've started riding to work again. Gas hit the magic $3 mark. Having a dedicated commuter is nice. Though it has some tweaking needed. But that is half the fun of bikes. So far this week I ridden in warm high 60's, 30mph winds, rain, & sub 20f weather. Missouri is fun.

I'm also coffee free now for 5 days & counting. Coffee free not caffeine free. I've had a few sodas(not normal for me) & some tea, ice & hot; yes hot. I guess its the English in me. Not bad if you get the good stuff ie PG Tips. I've had some stomach problems lately that have been very ulcer like. I wanted to eliminate a big possibility before heading to the Dr. I drink ALOT of coffee, like 1-3 pots a day. The upside is It looks like I'm homing in on the culprit.

Work is still sucking the life out of me & the fam with all the OT. Looks like at least 3 more weeks of 72 hr weeks. With the possibility of of a month straight with NO days off. Pray to whoever you pray to that that doesn't happen. Mostly for Ambers sake. I can do it but I'm not sure she can. If that happens I'll have to burn some vacation time to get a few days off. Hopefully though the OT ends in 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google