Friday, March 02, 2012

Today's run worried me a bit

Todays run was a little too easy. Easy in it was too effortless. I even mentioned to Amber when I got home that maybe last week had not been hard enough. I’m too fresh for being 4 days into week 4 of a 4 week training cycle. I should be tired & ready for a rest, not cruising sub 7 min miles like they are nothing.
Looking at my Garmin file is even more interesting. I had to stop for traffic just shy of half way into my run. In 5 secs my HR dropped 15 beats. Yes this is a good thing but it makes me wonder if the extra rest the last two weeks was too much rest. Oh well there is nothing I can do about it now except enjoy it while I can.
Next week is a recovery week then another 4 week cycle of training. Less volume, more intensity & cross training. Still don’t know what I training for besides just training. But like they say racing gets in the way of training anyway. I work the last for days of this recovery week, not optimal. Optimal would be work the 1 st 4 days then off the rest of the week. That way I can focus on my sleep during my work days and start ramping up to training again when I’m off. Oh well got to work with what you have. I am going to schedule a trip to the chiro for a tune up & a massage. I have a few niggles I need to try & get rid of.
I just got done reading Running With the Buffaloes. Been meaning to read it for years but never got around to it. It is about CU’s 1998 cross season. So some of the Seniors names are familiar to me since they were Freshman my Senior year of college. It’s a good book but makes you wonder about the system CU used then. They ended ’98 with a lot of broken runners. But college running is like that. You either get stronger or broken not much middle ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google